Welcome to the privacy notice covering the processing of personal data taking place on https://mediterraneanscreenartsacademy.com/ (the ‘site’).
The site is operated by The Institute to Develop Education and Entertainment Arts Limited (“IDEEA”).
IDEAA respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our site (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
- Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how IDEEA collects and processes your personal data through your use of this site, including any data you may provide through this site when you apply for our courses or submit a contact us request.
This site is not intended for children below the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect data relating to such children.
The Institute to Develop Education and Entertainment Arts Limited is the controller and responsible for your personal data. IDEEA is a company that is registered in Malta and has registration number C75222.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our privacy practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on +79924111.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information and Data Protection Commissioner (the ‘IDPC’), the Maltese regulator for data protection issues (https://idpc.org.mt/). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the IDPC so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This version was last updated on 18th of Janary.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (i.e. anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, title, date of birth, nationality and gender.
- Contact Data includes postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of courses you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you (for example, when you enrol in one of our courses), and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel your enrolment in a course, but we will notify you at the time if this is the case.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our courses;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below. If you are a person listed as an emergency contact, we would have collected your personal data from an applicant to our courses.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary to protect your vital interest.